Skate arcade game
My latest weekend speed build project: A bartop arcade game named "skate".
Player must jump over obsticals to maintain speed. Speed increases as long as on ground level. Speed resets when hitting a wall
- electromechanical game display with watercolor background art
- cdrom laser sled y axis player motion
- 5.25 floppy stepper rotates drum
- 200 element int array of ground height values line up with ground art on drum
- mario style jump, not tony hawk. Jumps start immediatly and end at max or button release.
- two copper fingers bridged by a staple on the drum for a simple drum zero sensor
- y zero microswitch on base of y sled
- doorbell button for jump
- wooden arcade cabinet made from bed frame slats
- avr (arduino nano knockoff), l293d, uln2003a chips driving it on custom board
- 14awg solid copper wire player character
- Main board with l293d, uln2003a, and most of a socket for nano knockoff.
- working with breadboard brains
- drum and electronics in cabinet
- little skateboarder made from 14awg copper
- drum made from lysol wipes bottle
- cabinet taking shape
- original doodles