Working on a DIY cell phone.
- Make and receive calls
- Send and receive text messages
- Wifi hotspot
Bought a Huawei E180v 3G USB Modem
So far no luck with ubuntu 17.04 connecting to tmobile via network manager or wvdialer
Network manager appears to be missing some underlying components required to establish the connection, so I'm trying ppp directly now.
After uninstalling wvdialer I noticed that the stick was no longer showing serial ports, and was presenting a cdrom. I grabbed the usbmodeswitch data package from upstream and extracted the .d folder into /etc/modeswitch.d, found the file that contained my stick's model, and then ran usb modeswitch with that config and some other flags I'll have to go find. The CDROM then disappeared and modeswitch reported success. There was also a command I tried for serial, modprobe usbserial with the vendor and product id flags in hex like 0x140c which supposedly forces it to be seen as a serial device. I was not able to connect to the serial device with screen, but that may have been dirty state.